When it comes to start an eCommerce store, the platform in our mind come is Shopify & Woocommerce only. Both Shopify & WooCommerce have multiple strengths and can possibly be the perfect solution for you to build an eCommerce store with. Well both platforms are most popular and highly used in the market. Woocommerce is the open source platform versus Shopify is the all in one provider of the best shoppable ideas. Let’s check the which is better for your needs.
Shopify vs Woocommerce – Website Design (Look): Conversion optimized website with clean design is everything, because usually customer doesn’t trust messed design. When it comes to Shopify’s Theme & Woocommerce theme, No doubt Shopify’s built in theme is absolutely out of the box. Shopify comes with more than 50+ different store theme designs. And their visual quality of theme is the main factor of greatest Shopify selling point. Shopify’s theme is easy to change, you just need to adjust the color and design according to your need. The most important part is there responsive in all device and doesn’t distract the user’s attention.
The theme is very attractive that gathers everyone’s attention, and this is the main reason some Shopify users complained that there design is so common. If you love unique & creative website design then store customization is for you. You can hire Shopify developer or outsourced professional web designer who are experienced in store customization.
When it comes to woocommerce design, it need to cooperate with theme design on market which need to meet the recommendation and best practices. Most of theme are built with keeping in mind of woocommerce, that your product listing looks good.
Shopify vs Woocommerce – Pricing
Woocommerce is free open source platform which works with the plugins. Some of the plugin is free up-to their basic plans, if you want more functionality you need to upgrade the plugin to their advanced plan. You must be prepared already that some additional costs will go along with making an online store. You have to purchase the hosting, the cost of a theme, a domain name, any additional extensions and an S SL certificate.
When it comes to Shopify it is all about providing you single out of the box solutions, You sign up, then you get to use your shiny new eCommerce store right away since everything you need is included from the get-go.
Shopify vs Woocommerce – Feature
Shopify provide these features in the very basic plan:
- Unlimited products
- Unlimited file storage
- Automatic fraud analysis
- Embedded Oberlo integration
- Manual order creation
- Discount codes
- Blog module
- Free SSL certificate
- Mobile commerce optimization
- Editable HTML and CSS
- Credit card payments
- Multiple languages
- Adjustable shipping rates and taxes
- Customer profiles
- Drop shipping capabilities
- SEO-ready site structure
- Individual product reviews
- Facebook selling module
- Social media integration (and a spicy new integration with Instagram)
- Physical and digital products in the store
- Unlimited traffic to your store
- Daily backups
- Site stats and product reports
- You can sell physical products, digital products (including software and apps), plus it’s also good for affiliate marketing
- Payments via PayPal and Stripe built-in (plus a range of other gateways available for an extra fee)
- Adjustable shipping rates and taxes
- Unlimited number of products and product categories
- Stock levels control
- Mobile-friendly structure
- You have complete control over your data
- Works with your current WordPress theme
- Literally hundreds of plugins (extensions) available
- A free Facebook ad and Facebook stores extension
Shopify vs Woocommerce – Easy to use
If you are new in ecommerce then setting up shopify store is much easier compared to setting up woocommerce. For setting up shopify store you you just have to click signup button & you have all setup in few minutes. Well in terms of easy, Shopify & Woocommerce both has similar level of easy.
WooCommerce vs Shopify both provides great opportunity to analyze these platforms. Both have various features and designs able to make your online shop look original.